Have You Always Wanted to Paint?
by Beth Cole
My husband will tell you I said “when I get older, I want to paint” all the time. I do remember saying it but more often thinking it because I was always distracted by the sights/sounds/colors around me. Just fascinated, actually. I always wondered what it would be like to try and recreate what I saw with paint.
Anyway. This is not about me, this is about you.
I have some questions for you.
- Is painting something you would like to try?
- Is your nest empty and you are looking for a way to explore something new?
- Did you go to art school but haven’t picked up a paintbrush since then?
- Are you an art teacher but so busy in your classroom that you don’t have time to create yourself?
- Do you just love to create?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, I have one more question for you.
What are you waiting for?
I have many regrets in my life, but one of the biggest is not starting to paint sooner. Gah. It breaks my heart because now that I’ve started I see the waterfall of grace the Lord was just waiting to pour into my life. He is faithful and trustworthy and has never left me on my painting journey and I know He never will. He has given me the deepest love for Himself and for painting, He has used in my life it to do good to others over and over. He can do the same for you.
So. Are YOU ready to get started?
I’m thinking about teaching a class for people are yearning to paint but haven’t taken the time or don’t know where to start. Is that you? If so, please raise your hand! I would love to help you get started on YOUR painting journey.